Aadeez Forums
Forums Tools
Mark All Post As Read
Delete Cookies

Eternal Musicians

Betamakers Community Search   Calendar   Help Help  Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eternal Musicians
      Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:01 PM
Heylo aadeez.. :)...all u awesome people..:)..

I feel every artist is like star in sky which makes the world look so beautiful even in the darkest times..Music itself is a gift of Almighty..:)..and the one gifted..needs to be valued,respected,and remebered..forever for their timeless contribution to music as discipline..and then a single note of music stirs ur notions and ur hearts..
the happiness it brings to people around and every decades..from their music..and love..resonates..centuries..which makes them eternal..:)..
To learn and to share and remember the patrons of music..:)...here i have for you 
eternal musicians..where each one of us can pick and choose a musician..and..:)share..and discuss about their contribution..:)..
and u can say y u remember them :).......

to begin with here i have....Madan Mohan...:).........
Veer Zaara movie songs are my alltime favs..i still wakeup midnight n listen..n makes..me feel so warm......honeslty i cant describe..in words..how exactly it feels.......a true artist has that power..to make u feel that away amidst all..anxiety..and anger n noise around.........

here it is in his own voice..:) how he made Veer Zaara to me this songs are eternal....
i feel if love can be defined..in terms of music..Only Madan Mohan can define it..:)........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3N9ByDxRM

^ please listen dont miss it :) (:

woo sabar de jo tere nairey karde..!

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:06 PM
    Madan Mohan Kohli (Hindiमदन मोहन) (25 June 1924 - 14 July 1975), better known asMadan Mohan, was a famed Bollywood film music director of the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. He is particularly remembered for the ghazals he composed for the film industry, mainly using the voice of Lata Mangeshkar and Talat Mahmood and his favourite singer, Mohammed Rafi.

Maple

Maple View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Maple Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:20 PM
   Talat Mahmood..My All time favourite from yesteryears...

The track "Jaltey hain Jiskay Liyey" from Suajata is always there on my playlist. Always!! 
Besides i deeply love

Sham-E-Gham ki qassam - Foothpath (1953)
Phir wohi sham wohi gam - Jahan Aara (1964)
Aye mere dil kahin aur chal - Daag (1952)
Itna na mujhse tu pyar badha - Chhaya (1961)
Meri yaad me tum na - Madhosh (1951)
~~Atif and Sara Forever~~

Black Lightning

Black Lightning View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Lightning Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:25 PM
  Great topic Ayah :)

Jagjit Singh  [8 February 1941 – 10 October 2011]

Everyone knows of his brilliance in ghazals, and he basically branded the genre of ghazal under his name after singing so many beautiful pieces. As he's so famous for ghazals, he is nicknamed "The Ghazal King"

Awards and recognition:

The album Sajda with Lata Mangeshkar is considered his magnum opus

In 2003, Singh was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award, by the government of India

In 1998, Jagjit Singh was awarded Sahitya Academy Award, a literary honor in India. He was awarded for popularizing the work of Mirza Ghalib

Sangeet Natak Academy Award

Sahitya Kala Academy Award by Rajasthan government in 1998

Ghalib Academy by Delhi Government in 2005

Dayavati Modi Award

Lata Mangeshkar Samman in 1998 by Madhya Pradesh government

D. Litt. by Kurukshetra University, Haryana in 2003

Teacher's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006

In his last tour, he was supposed to perform with Ghulam Ali sahab, but unfortunately he passed away :( RIP
HUM SHOR KI DUNIYA MEIN KHAMOSH BHI HAIN

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:25 PM
^^ you know mappie i grew up listning music...old music......:)

lol mujhe ek jugah aaraaaam nahi.....rukjana mere kam naheen :) humming for ya..

Unfortunately talatjee bohot hi kum compositions ki..aur bad luck..:)..

Right now i do have..:)..jaltey hai :) on my phone.......
u know what i like about his n hemant kumar..is..:)..that have very soothing tone of voice....

did u hear the link :)..that making of veer zaara..:) :)

------------------------

@black thanx..
on 15th august i was listning to memoir of jagjit ji.....n his wife chitra singh is my all time fav female vocalist....chitra singh..n when in tears meko bura luga :(...

when i saw that show i felt..will the industry be able to create another..jagjit singh...
who can take music to another level......devote his life to music.......n i felt....we have hope ..we have aadee :)...

Edited by Ayah - 28 Aug 2012 at 1:28 PM

Maple

Maple View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Maple Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:28 PM
   @Ayah i am feeling really strange now kyunki i was about 2 mention Hemant da as my 2nd Favourite.."Tum pukaar lo" Who can forget that song?

And Ayah...I heard the making..I have heard it many time on Radio...:) :) Heard it again 2day..Glad u shared

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:33 PM
   @Mappie..hemant kumar..is FAV male singer...alltime..lol :)..
i know my mom who is die hard mUkesh fan..:)..lol will kill me for this..:)..
Hemant kumar.............Beqrar karke humein u na jaeeeiye :)...
all his song are eternal..:)...

u know these are people u can stop loving urself from.....that is y they are eternal..:)..

@ mappie veer zaraa..tere lie....is a song.....instrumental.......lol is one. even if i m walking like so far..i m bound to turn back n find kidhar baj ra hai...

Edited by Ayah - 28 Aug 2012 at 1:36 PM

princes.amna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote princes.amna Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:08 AM
Sonu Nigam deserve to be in the list of Eternal Musicains ...there is nothing left for him to sing he can sing any genre perfectly whether pop , rock , classical , blue , ghazals , qawali  , westren english ...  must listen this song it is just out of the world ... only Sonu can achieve such fusions of music :)

Male Singer Of The Decade Award to Sonu Nigam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnwUa45ePXc

Sochta Hoon Main Khel Yeh Kya Hai Insaan Jee Ke Pata Kya Hai (Classical rendition from Classically Mild)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ_-qNC0Nlw

Aap ki Aahat Rifat e Chahat Lamha Lamha Pal Pal Rahat Dil e Betaab main Aow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISKJvUGQC8Y&feature=related

Kabhi Shaam Dhale Toh Mere Dil Main Aajana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqhLeQXZzSY

Phir Mujhe Dil Beqarar karne Laga hai Yeh Dil Ko Huwa Kyaaaaaaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e3eXRLk0B8

Dil Kashi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz4OQko7ZQ0

Sonu Nigam Shows His versatility on live medley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ka9I2zMK_w&feature=related

Waseem Akram A Fan Of Sonu Nigam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhIHkD4ygs

what a great rendition of Raagas from classical to pop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcv3-vTcrs

Sonu Nigam have dat voice quality which will make his as immortal as rafi sahab : Alka yagnik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Cf9Yivk_Q

Sonu is a complete singer Perfect pitch perfect expressions sonu belong to perfection i have never meet any buddy who is as perfect as Sonu Nigam- Music Director Pritam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9x70a723Aw&feature=plcp

Edited by princes.amna - 08 Sep 2012 at 9:33 AM

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:27 AM
   @amna..so true..sonu is one of very few singer..who can sing all kinds of song..n not just sing but do justice to the song by singing it properly........n one thing i have noticed..is bande kabhi sur galat lagte hi ne hai..even if  hes jumping here n there..sur ne hilte..banda hilta hai ,audience hilti hai..and he my moms fav..to :) he knows how to respect people..ni remember watching his show..as a kid..this dude..never grows old..he just keeps getting better n better..he does replicated md.rafi a lot..who is himself a legend..he also creates a lot variations in his singing style if u notice..:)

i like his..song..kal ho na...........:)..but i like it more instrumental without his voice lol..
i like his latest  abhi mujh me kahi..........agneepath ka song hai i guess! thoda sad types but rocking shocking hai jee..

People u can mention ur fav music directors as well..and your local singer in ur locality..
also. folk singer...someone who never noticed..but has great talent..maybe less popular..but deserves respect..please showcase..them..and tell the world their stories..:)

i have seen him in kolkata once he was here :)..he is what he is,,,a good musician :)

To add my fav pakistani singer..these are singers..i wish i can hear them live someday..and tell them people u r awesome..although they know it.:)

i think these people are jewel in the crown of pakistan...:)

here to my first fav..:) is sain Zahoor i hear him in coke studio,,,with noorie..that is song...which i guess i will never delete from playlist......with lyrics taken from baba bulleh shah..:)...

Sain Zahoor

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sain Zahoor
Background information
BornOkara, Pakistan
born 1937[citation needed]
OriginOkaraPakistan
GenresFolk
OccupationsMusician, Singer
InstrumentsEktaraTumbi
LabelsPakistan - Coke Studio

Saieen Zahoor or Saeen Zahur Ahmad (Urduسائیں ظہور) (born circa 1937)[citation needed] is a leading Sufi musician from Pakistan. He has spent most of his life singing in Sufi shrines, and didn't produce a record until 2006, when he was nominated for the BBC World Music awards based on word of mouth.[1] He emerged as the "best BBC voice of the year 2006",[2] Sain is not his first name but a Sindhi honorific title and is also spelt Saeen or Saiyan, and Zahoor may be spelt Zahur.

i will add more soon to all u cuties! <3  lov lov lov!

Maple

Maple View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Maple Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:48 PM
  @Ayah..Music Directors reminds me of Salim Merchant & Sualaiman Merchant!!...My all time favourite..I personally want Atif to sing a song under their composition someday...

My Fav. Compositions are-

Maula mere le le meri jaan (Chak De India)
O Re Piya ( Aaja Nachley)
Khudaaya ve (Luck)
Haafiz Khuda (8x10 Tasveer)
Yeh hausla kaiey jhuke (Dor)
Aashayein (Iqbal)
Tujmein Rab (Female Version) (Rab ne Bana di Jodi)

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 8:04 PM
   Excellent choice Mapie!Hug

Salim n suleiman.....i guess..are just growing as directors...but with time i think..
they are capable of creating a lot mot more great renditions..!
dor walla song mera fav..hai :)....mujhe inke songs ke lyrics bot pasand hai.........
specially that........"apni khuda se hai yeh dua..man se luga le humko gale..yeh hosla....kese jhuke "............whenever m sad..i do listen to this song :)

:)

Post Options Post Options   Quote princes.amna Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 6:23 PM
in music director i like jatin lalit ..they made many gr8songs like mujey raat din bas mujhe chahate ho by sonu ....humko hame se churalo by udit etc etc

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 7:27 PM
   u know jatin lalit bot cute hai yaar..:).. pehla nasha :)......i think is there best song!..:).. 

i think one of my fav..pakistani music director is is is ..........................

NONE OTHER THAN SARMAD GHAFOOR......

i have strong reasons to like sarmad bhai..who doesnt like sarmad bhai..:)........
he is like walking insitution of music............and....humesha smile karte rehte....hai.....
i love some of qayas..song.......specially Umeed..:)..a student of paitiala ghurana..:)..

Sarmad Abdul Ghafoor

Sarmad Ghafoor
BornNovember 5, 1975 (age 36),
London, United Kingdom
GenresRockalternative rockpop
OccupationsMusician, Songwriter,producer
InstrumentsVocalsguitarBassdrums
Associated actsRungg, Qayaas, Atif Aslam
Sarmad Ghafoor born November 5, 1975 in London, United Kingdom) is a Pakistani record producer, guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter. He has released two albums, one with Rungg (his former band),[1] and one with Qayaas (his current band) and has produced albums for a wide variety of artists, including Atif Aslam, Bilal Khan, Nusrat Hussain, Abbas Ali Khan, andOverload. Sarmad is best known for his work, producing two platinum albums for Atif Aslam, including Jal Pari. He also plays the guitar for Atif Aslam. 

Edited by Ayah - 09 Sep 2012 at 7:32 PM

OriginalIndianAadeez

OriginalIndianAadeez View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote OriginalIndianAadeez Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 6:12 PM
    I would like to Include Bryan Adams here..

Most of Today's POP-STAR lack singing capabilities...

Bryan Adams ...
A true Singer...Better Human Being ...!!

:)

Aadeez Ready Hai Saarey...?

Maple

Maple View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Maple Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 6:38 PM
   ^Agreed..Here I am is my all time Favourite...The song gives me a High !!

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 6:54 PM
   @ i love his song................."look into my eyes "..beautiful lyrics..i wonder how will the world look like without artists.. ............like earth without..hearts..:).....dry!...

I also love celine dion..she is truly inspirational singer n my all time fav..:)..
my mom says..u have so many fav..:P..control e ne honda yar..:P..

celine..is so beautifullll.........i love her song "lets talk about love"..and immortality"...

Post Options Post Options   Quote princes.amna Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 9:12 PM
  yesterday pakistani pop star sajad ali 2 praised Sonu Nigam on Sur Kusrtra he said
Sajad ali praised Sonu Niigaam by saying Sonu Nigam bhout sureelay artist hain aur bhout zyada expresion se gatay hain bhout A+ class artist hain woh ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scIk72iMCB0

Edited by princes.amna - 10 Sep 2012 at 9:20 PM

Post Options Post Options   Quote princes.amna Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 9:19 PM
  celeine dion is one of my fav i love her a new day has come

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 6:21 PM

nEW...day has come :) one of my favs :),,,i luv first para of it :)

# sajjad ali ko woh song unhe surukshetra me gaya agar  kisike pass ho to lemme know please..:) i loved it :-)....

i think any music lovers playlist would be incomplete da ETERNAL KING OF POP..
Michael Jackson..............:Heal the world " i heard it when i was a kid..:)...n this is one song which touches..:)..me..........born on same day as my bro :) 29th augy...
n beleive me people born on this day..r really adorable :) :)...n have strong sense aestetics :).

Post Options Post Options   Quote princes.amna Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 5:18 PM
  ya MJ love you <3...
tribute by Sonu Nigam
wht a perfection in Mj style :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqIw4RRxI4

I must admit that this performance was an eye opener ... he's a bundle of energy onstage :)

Edited by princes.amna - 13 Sep 2012 at 5:19 PM

Maple

Maple View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Maple Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 5:25 PM
   One composer as well a playback singer & lyricist that i would like to mention here is 
Sachin Gupta

Ehsaan itna saa kar dey (Dil Kabaddi) which he has sung as well
Tere liye (Prince) by Aadee
Zindagi yeh Safar mein hai( Dil Kabaddi) sung beautifully Rahat Fateh Ali Khan

HIMU

HIMU View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote HIMU Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 7:40 PM
He is mah aal tym fav singer........
N d his all tym fav song of mine is ""Inteha Ho Gayi"" 

Kishore Kumar

Kishore Kumar
Born Abhas Kumar Ganguly (Gangopadhyay)
4 August 1929
Khandwa, Central Provinces and Berar British India
Died 13 October 1987 (aged 58)
Mumbai, Maharashtra India
Occupation Singer, songwriter, actor, director, entertainer, record producer
Years active 1946-1987
Spouse Ruma Ghosh(1950–1958)
Madhubala(1960–1969)
Yogeeta Bali(1976–1978)
Leena Chandavarkar(1980–1987)
Relatives Anoop Kumar, Ashok Kumar(Brothers), Sati Devi (Sister)

Kishore Kumar (Bengali: কিশোর কুমার গাঙ্গুলী; 4 August 1929 â€“ 13 October 1987), born Abhas Kumar Ganguly was a popular Indian film playback singer. He is also known as an actor, lyricist, composer, producer, director, screenwriter and scriptwriter. Kishore Kumar sang in many Indian languages including Bengali, Hindi, Marathi, Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, Bhojpuri, Malayalam and Oriya. He won 8 Filmfare Awards for Best Male Playback Singer and holds the record for most number of Filmfare Awards won in that category. He was awarded the "Lata Mangeshkar Award" by the Madhya Pradesh government and from that year onwards, the Madhya Pradesh Government initiated a new award called the "Kishore Kumar Award" for contributions to Hindi cinema.

In Love With My Dreams and In Love With You. I Love You My Life

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 12:15 PM
 Coming back :) to my fav..n i feel  these powerpuff gurl maybe amateur but they have 
a very unique ......musicality......and both of them ...sounds so soothing.......
:singers of one of my fav song..paimona..:)...
is zebunissa bangash and another mighty aslam :) haniya aslam :)

Zeb and Haniya.Visible from right to left are; Zebunnisa Bangash and Haniya Aslam Pla

Zeb and Haniya

Zeb and Haniya

Zeb and Haniya.Visible from right to left are; Zebunnisa Bangash and Haniya Aslam Playing Guitar.
Background information
OriginKohatKhyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
GenresPop rockalternative rocksufi rock,folk rock, classical music, blues
Years active2007–present
LabelsFire Records, True Brew Records
Associated actsMekaal Hasan BandMaujNoori
Websitewww.zebandhaniya.com
Members
Zebunnisa Bangash
Haniya Aslam

Zeb and Haniya (Urduزیب اور حانیا, pronounced as "Zayb aur Haa-nee-ya") is a Pakistani pop group from KohatKhyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. The duo's songs are mostly in Urdu, but some lyrics are also in PashtoDari and Turkish. Their music has been described at various times as alternative, art folk, ethnic blues and easy listening by international reviewer's and critics.[1]

While their family is originally from KohatKhyber Pakhtunkhwa, much of the band's work takes place in Lahore. Haniya is a native of Islamabad, and the act spend time working inKarachi too. Their itinerary for the global tour is being set in 2009. They have performed mostly in the Persian Gulf region, in some parts of Sindh and Punjab.

The band is a project started by two musicians, who are cousins, Zebunnisa Bangash and Haniya Aslam. Both are ethnic Pashtuns. They began writing music together when studying as undergraduates at Smith College and Mount Holyoke College in the United States, although have stated that music was always a part of their life at home.[2]

Post Options Post Options   Quote princes.amna Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 11:14 PM
talking about eternal music how can we forget the hero of 90's melody music Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan...

udit nayran
1) pehla nasha pehla khhumar by udit
  2) aye mere humsafar
3) main yahan hoon yahan hoon yahan hoon yahan
4 ) humko hume se chulralo..

and by kumar sanu

1) ae kashis kahin aisa hota  ke do dil hote seene main
2) jab kooi baat biga jaye
3) ab tere dil main hum agaye
4) barsaat ke mosan main tanhaye ke aalam main

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 3:03 PM
   i think Kumar sanu.......:) he is also from west bengal :)..n i heard....his song had that effect that once someone was going suicide she..gave up the idea..listning to em :)
hes not my personal fav...but he has fans..real ones :) still..:).....

Now m gonaa add..one of v v underrated singer.......n i loved her voice first time i hear.......:)
none other than another feather in the cap.......of the pure land :).....!Pakistan!

Shazia Manzoor..she sings punjabi like thing...The pride of Lahore :)..
i lov her songs :).........specially aja sohneya!

Shazia Manzoor

Shazia Mansoor
BornRawalpindi, Pakistan
NationalityPakistani
OccupationSinger

Shazia Manzoor (PunjabiUrduشازیه منظور ) is a singer from Rawalpindi who now resides in Lahore Heera MandiPunjabPakistan. She is a popular singer in Pakistan and India and among the Punjabi diaspora. Shazia Manzoor sings mostly Punjabi music. She has sung various Punjabi folk songs and Punjabi Sufi poems and also sings Urdu songs as well. She is popular for her songs like Aaja Soniya, Mahi Aavega, Maye Ni Kinnu Akhan, Chann Mere Makkhna and Dhol Mahia, etc.

[edit]Selected Albums

• Raatan Kaaliyan
  • Aarfana Kalaam
  • Chan Makhna
  • Hai Dil Jani
  • Ishq Sohna
  • Tu Badal Gaya (March 2010)
  • Balle Balle (May 2011)
  • Sahib teri bandi haan
  • Jatt London (February 2011)