Aadeez Forums
Forums Tools
Mark All Post As Read
Delete Cookies

FAV. SAYINGS BA ATIF ASLAM

Betamakers Community Search   Calendar   Help Help  Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112

Author

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAV. SAYINGS BA ATIF ASLAM
      Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:41 PM
 LOL                                                                                                                                                    

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:49 PM

1. Does it ever scare you? That you wake up one day and youre not as big a star as you were yesterday or youre not making as many fans, money, etc.

I didnt know that this was going to happen, so, even if I am in a bad situation, I still wouldnt know it. But yeah, of course, Ill be able to answer myself

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:51 PM

1. Are you ever afraid of losing fame?

In the start whatever I was doing I was going with my gut. Then, I started doing Bollywood and film music and now, it has come to a point where Ive started to say no. I want to do my own music. I have been there and done that, so, I am not there to achieve that any more. I just want to put my music out there and if people listen it okay, if they dont then fine.                                                                                        

1. Is it really that simple?

For me, yes it is now.        LOL        

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:53 PM

1. They say that the more an artiste is depressed, the better his music is. Do you think thats true?

Baqwas karte hain. Its not true. I have seen really happy people in my life sing really well. Yes, when people get fame, then theres depression.Tongue

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:12 PM
   So winning awards isnt important to you anymore?

No. But there was a time, when I had just started out, when I thought that I would win awards and make my family and my country proud. Its only now that I realise that its just an opportunity to give a speech and how there are no standards or credibility to awards ceremonies. Id rather enjoy how my fans respond to my work and face to face appreciation I get from people around me. Id rather revel in real success rather than be happy with getting likes on Instagram that I have paid for or an award that I have gotten because of good PR.Cool

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:15 PM
   I am not obsessed with social media fame but I do think that its a great tool by which I can stay in touch with my fans. If I dont post something after every five days or so, they get anxious that somethings wrong with me! I enjoy reading their comments and getting their feedback.  LOL

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:18 PM
   Given your career graph, doesnt it get you down when you still have to contend with industry politics?

No, it doesnt. The industry can choose to ignore my work if they want but my fans wont. If my colleagues dont want to talk about the success of 

Tajdar-i-Haram they dont have to, but the video still did break records by crossing over 100 million views on the internet. The sad thing is that we wont ever be able to create stars in Pakistan if we keep fighting like this and trying to pull each other down.

Youve worked in India quite frequently. Do you think that its different there?

It is. They are more humble there. Its a big industry capable of earning big profits. They are not trying to pull each other down because they understand that by working together, they can reap more benefits.

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:24 PM
   To every rise, there will be a fall and one day, we all have to die. I dont believe in unnecessary unreasonable behaviour but I dont let people take me for a ride either. I will be rude to people who will suddenly accost me and ask me for random shout-outs for their various organisations. As a professional, I find such encroachments disrespectful. At the same time, I am always there to help young musicians should they need advice. I extend support to young fashion designers who want me to wear their clothes. There was this one time when I bumped into these young designers in an elevator and they told me that they had been trying to connect with me for years and hadnt been able to. They were so enthusiastic that they wanted to take my measurements right there and then! Eventually, they designed something for me and I wore it to show my support.  

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:27 PM
   So you dont charge for endorsing brands or attending an event?

I charge the established labels and major events. Its a precedent that I have worked hard to set. As artists, we add value to an event and we shouldnt attend for free simply because we are guaranteed some vague-sounding award. We are worth more than that. I wish all artists would realise this because it has taken years for me to make the corporate sector realise that it is important to pay artists for attendance. When they go for free, they simply discredit their own hard work.

NAYYARA

NAYYARA View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote NAYYARA Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:52 PM
Originally posted by kintar

I charge the established labels and major events. Its a precedent that I have worked hard to set. As artists, we add value to an event and we shouldnt attend for free simply because we are guaranteed some vague-sounding award. We are worth more than that. I wish all artists would realise this because it has taken years for me to make the corporate sector realise that it is important to pay artists for attendance. When they go for free, they simply discredit their own hard work.

This is why he was, is, and will always remain the undisputed KING of Pakistani showbiz. Every artist comes second to Muhammad Atif Aslam.
Ye ghariun ki sazish hai ke aap aye na
Ye meri guzarish hai ayen to jayen na

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:14 PM
   I believe music has great depth and by defining it we limit it only as far as our own imagination. Atif Aslam  

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:23 PM
 LOL                                                                                                                                         

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:27 PM
 Clap                                                                                                                                          

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:42 PM

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:46 PM
 LOL                                                                                                                                    

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:56 PM

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:49 PM
   Controversies and political crossfire is irrelevant. I dont want to pay attention to people who just want their 15 minutes of fame  Ive got work to do!LOL  

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:50 PM
   The change has always been there. I dont believe in material things and Im always in search of the truth, for what gives me peace.

Its very important to realise what matters, to not get caught up in fame and fortune, and keep your feet on the ground. There may be a time when I dont have any work at all and, at that point, I will only be able to survive if I have stayed true to what is real.      Approve     

kintar

kintar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote kintar Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:52 PM
   Things may be different right now, they may have slowed down but what Im meant to earn, I will earn.

And what will be, will be