Aadeez Forums
Forums Tools
Mark All Post As Read
Delete Cookies

Mori Araj Suno - The Reluctant Fundamentalist

Betamakers Community Search   Calendar   Help Help  Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>

Author

noureen

noureen View Drop Down
Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote noureen Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mori Araj Suno - The Reluctant Fundamentalist
      Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:42 AM

ajj ka newspaper main bhi is movie say related news aai hai aur ade is movie ka liya song gaa gay same baat is main bhi kehi gi hai 

Edited by Junaid - 31 Jul 2012 at 10:48 AM

Nirali

Nirali View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Nirali Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:08 AM
Wow! I was waiting for such news since long.. I really wanted Atif to sing for a Hollywood movie... Hope we get to hear it soon..!

Mera to jo bhi hai,
Tu hi tha, tu hi hai,
Baaki jahaan hai begaana...

..sowmya..

..sowmya.. View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote ..sowmya.. Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:26 AM
@noureen apii thanx for sharing :D :D
*ATIF N AADEEZ* Two sides of same coin !!!!
~~FOREVER N EVER~~

Suhana

Suhana View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Suhana Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:46 AM
can anybody do d translation of newspaper for me...its in urdu...:p
noureen sissi tanx for d share 
If a thousand painters worked for a thousand years, they could not create a work of art as beautiful as you.
Happy Burthday Aadee

noureen

noureen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote noureen Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 7:21 AM

^^^suhana is main bhi same wohi likha hai jo yonga ne pehla post kya tha

@sowmya ur welcome

Edited by noureen - 31 Jul 2012 at 7:22 AM
leave

Het Shah

Het Shah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Het Shah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 1:32 AM
Legendary British rocker Peter Gabriel
joined Atif Aslam in singing verse composed by renowned Urdu poet Faiz Ahmed for The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

Peter has composed the music for Faiz's
beautiful poem, Bol ke lab azaad hain
tere.

Atif has sung two Faiz poems:
Mori araj suno and Bol.

I STILL <3 U..

..sowmya..

..sowmya.. View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote ..sowmya.. Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 2:41 AM
Wooaaa..!!
het bhai thanx alot for sharing.. :D :D
excited!!
*ATIF N AADEEZ* Two sides of same coin !!!!
~~FOREVER N EVER~~

@^Yogna^@ View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote @^Yogna^@ Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 4:31 AM
Originally posted by Het Shah

Legendary British rocker Peter Gabriel
joined Atif Aslam in singing verse composed by renowned Urdu poet Faiz Ahmed for The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

Peter has composed the music for Faiz's
beautiful poem, Bol ke lab azaad hain
tere.

Atif has sung two Faiz poems:
Mori araj suno and Bol.

Rabba Sacheya is rendition of Mori araj suno and Bol is a poetry written about freedom of speech..... Thanks Het for the update and Peter Gabriel is a legend .... He was the part of "Genesis" band of 60's and 70's .... This is a huge news aadeez
"Atif you raise us up, to much more than we can be .. Happy Birthday AADEE !! <3"

Suhana

Suhana View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Suhana Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 5:44 AM
Supr excited...gr8 nws....really huge one...thnx het bhai n yogna di.
If a thousand painters worked for a thousand years, they could not create a work of art as beautiful as you.
Happy Burthday Aadee

Ibtihaj Aadeez

Ibtihaj Aadeez View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ibtihaj Aadeez Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 6:43 AM

British Rocker Peter Gabriel & Pakistani Rockstar Atif Aslam sings Faiz’s verse for Mira Nair

Legendary British rocker Peter Gabriel joined Pakistani singer Atif Aslam in singing verse composed by renowned Urdu poet Faiz Ahmed Faiz for Mira Nair’s The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

Nair confirmed the news and said, “Peter has composed the music for Faiz’s beautiful poem, Bol ke lab azaad hain tere. It was my father’s favourite poem. He grew up in pre-Partition Lahore and then came to Delhi. He spoke only Urdu. It was my dream to have Faiz’s lines in my film. I’ve dedicated my film to dad.”

Explaining how Peter came on board, Nair said, “He hardly does movie scores. I sent him 20 minutes of my film and he was blown away. He got so involved, he immediately started on the song. And then I went to spend a couple of days with him in London.” Atif flew to London to work with Peter on the song. They finished work a month ago. Peter sang the words in English and Atif did the original Urdu lines. While the two of them were in London, I was here in Mumbai editing The Reluctant Fundamentalist.”

However, Nair did go to Lahore for Atif’s recording. “He has sung two Faiz poems for me: Mori araj suno and Bol. My hero Changez (Riz Ahmed) is a young, modern man. Atif’s voice suited the character. And when I added Peter Gabriel to Faiz’s poetry, our music moved to another sphere,” said Nair.

Nair, who spent three days in Lahore, even had a private screening of her film there. Mohsin Hamid, whose novel Nair’s film is based on, was also part of her Lahore audience. “Mohsin saw it. He’s also one of the screenplay writers. He has been really involved with the film. He liked what we’ve done,” she said.

Atif and Peter are an important if not the only part of the contemporary sounds in Nair’s film. “Besides the two Faiz poems, we’ve worked with an iconoclastic composer called Michael Andrews, who has done the amazing soundtrack of a film called Donnie Darko. I didn’t want a cliched soundtrack for my film. Michael plays every instrument himself. Alam Khan played the Sarod from California. It’s music that embraces various cultures. Through all the stress that I underwent in the making of the film, its music kept me going. I’d sleep with my music.”

Source: Times Of India

Jabeen

Jabeen View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jabeen Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 2:11 PM
Ye songs kab aayenge waiting for dem,
Veryyyyy much excited for "Bol ke lab aazaad hain tere" ...
ufffff har cheez ka intezaar 
  Heart

ALL THE BEST AADEE Thumbs Up Smile

Thumbs Up
Wish you a Very Happy Married Life

noureen

noureen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote noureen Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 6:36 AM

thx 4 sharing het

leave

Bechari

Bechari View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bechari Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:38 AM
    Humara pop singer SEVARA NAZAR KHAN had sung wid Peter Gabriel a very nice song.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPSLkYfWQTM

and I'm happy for AADEE bhai also. May Allah help him in his Great Way !

Javed

Javed View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Javed Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:45 AM
Atif Aslam to lend his vocals to a Hollywood movie
Atif Aslam, the heartthrob of millions, is going to lend his vocals to the soundtrack of Hollywood film, The Reluctant Fundamentalist.
The best thing about this guy is that he never gets on to the sleep mode and alwayskeeps on coming out with tracks, either thesolo projects or as playback for the Bollywood movies. But this time he has really gone an extra mile to secure a place as a playback singer in one of the much anticipated movies, The Reluctant Fundamentalist
The Reluctant Fundamentalist is a political thriller which has been directed by Indian filmmaker Mira Nair and is based upon Mohsin Hamid’s best selling book of the same name.
Earlier on we have been informing you about the progress being made regarding the movie and also disclosed that the soundtrack will be mainly comprising of Pakistani singers. As the movie revolves around a Pakistani guy and the storyline is pretty much related to the post 9/11 situation faced by the Pakistanis living abroad .
Our very own jugni girl, Meesha Shafi, will also be seen starring in it as well as giving her vocals for the movie. Also the pop/Rock legend of Pakistan, Ali Azmat will be doing playback for the film.
But right now , the man who has attracted the whole spot light is the Aadat boy. This surely will be a huge turning point in an already much successful career of Atif whose songs are seen to be a guaranteed success. But this is not the first time he has sung for a Hollywood movie. Earlier two tracks from his solo album were featured inanother Hollywood movie “Man Push Cart”. But this time around it is really exciting to see him being a part of such a mega international project which has got some hugely talented and successful names on board. It will be really interesting to see how people respond to this current outing by Atif Aslam.
The Reluctant Fundamentalist is set to open the Venice Film Festival on August 29th, 2012 and it also stars Riz Ahmed, Kate Hudson , Kiefer Sutherland, Liev Schreiber , Shabana Azmi and Om Puri.
After seeing such a star studded cast and also some Pakistanis making their mark in Hollywood, this movie seems to be a must watch. All Atif Aslam fans out there, keep your fingers crossed for this entertainment thriller coming your way. This movie surely evokes a sense of pride to every Pakistani seeing how big Pakistanis are making globally. Hope this sense of pride remains with us even after its release.
       ||| !!! Jano Gey Very Soon !!! |||

Javed

Javed View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Javed Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:56 AM
Itsaadee

Edited by Javed Atif Aslam - 22 Aug 2012 at 9:25 AM
       ||| !!! Jano Gey Very Soon !!! |||

Het Shah

Het Shah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Het Shah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 9:12 AM

EDITED

Edited by CON. - 23 Aug 2012 at 1:33 PM

I STILL <3 U..

CON.

CON. View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Post Options Post Options   Quote CON. Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 1:32 PM

^^^ You don't need to react ....

Let us handlee !!
Happy Birthday Boss!

Ayah

Ayah View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ayah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 11:02 AM
   i pray aadee gets a chance to act in on of miras movies as a lead to...she is amazing director..:)..
woo sabar de jo tere nairey karde..!

Wajiha_Ali

Wajiha_Ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Wajiha_Ali Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 11:25 AM

waiting

Jabeen

Jabeen View Drop Down
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jabeen Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 12:59 PM
  Ye songs kab aanewale hain????? WAITING Stern Smile
Wish you a Very Happy Married Life

Het Shah

Het Shah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Het Shah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 6:37 PM
There's this piece of music I just did for this film Reluctant Fundamentalist which is a sort of this eight-minute piece. And I worked on that with this Pakistani buddy of mine Atif Aslam, who is actually a wonderful singer and has got one of the finest falsettos I’ve heard since Jeff Buckley. That is the last thing I’ve just finished and really enjoyed.
-Peter Gabriel

I STILL <3 U..

Het Shah

Het Shah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Het Shah Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 6:41 PM
There's this piece of music I just did for this film Reluctant Fundamentalist which is a sort of this eight-minute piece. And I worked on that with this Pakistani buddy of mine Atif Aslam, who is actually a wonderful singer and has got one of the finest falsettos I’ve heard since Jeff Buckley. That is the last thing I’ve just finished and really enjoyed.
-Peter Gabriel

I STILL <3 U..

noureen

noureen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote noureen Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 1:00 PM

-Peter Gabriel

thx 4 sharing
leave

noureen

noureen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote noureen Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 1:07 PM

-Peter Gabriel

thx 4 sharing
leave

mahi

mahi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote mahi Quote  Post Reply Reply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 1:17 PM
   thnxx 4 sharing